Monday, September 1, 2014

Our Wedding Day {5.10.13}

What a glorious day!
As promised, here is the post with pics from our wedding day. I'm really trying to play catch up before this wee little one gets here!

Wedding Day Details:
It was honestly the most perfect day. I couldn't have asked for things to go any smoother. I remember this day like it was yesterday. I had stayed the night in our new apartment with my sister-in-law Mandy so she could do my hair for the wedding the next morning. I was so anxious and worried I was going to over sleep that I hardly slept at all. I woke up at 7, got ready with the help of Mandy and my mother and headed to the temple at 9:30 to be sealed at 10am. I remember when Cameron and I entered the Celestial room and I couldn't believe that we were there to be sealed. The sealer gave us a few moments together before we walked into the sealing room full of family of friends. I can't really remember if we said anything, I think we were both in shock that it was actually happening. Finally, we got the courage and walked into the sealing room and it was packed!

As we sat there listening to the sealer give his speech, I really couldn't focus. I was just so anxious. Then as we knelt across the altar from each other, it really started to hit me that this moment I had thought about all my life was at the door step. The sealer did his thing and before we knew it, we were married for time and all eternity. When he told Cam to kiss his bride, I was hesitant to give a full on kiss- 1. Because I was wearing really red lipstick and didn't want it to come off on his lips, and 2. Because everyone was watching and I felt so awkward. Haha. So, Cameron teases me to this day that I gave him a granny kiss, and it's true. I even made a nice popping sound. It was the kind of kiss you'd give your grandparents when you're visiting. But, hey, it's something to laugh about now.

Walking out of the temple :)
The rest of the morning was spent taking pictures in the bright sunlight. Thankfully, the weather wasn't too hot. A perfect 85 degrees. What's funny is that it actually rained on my wedding day between the time we finished taking temple pictures that afternoon and our reception later that night.





So bright!

Cinda and Ashley (on left) came all the way from Platte City, MO (from my mission) just for our wedding day and so did Beth (on right in black). And then Nastja (the poly, came from Australia) and Krista and Meg came from Nevada, and Logan

Ahh presh- cousins for life!












There is never a dull moment when Nastja and I are together. We have lots of pics like this together on the mission.










Before our reception, we decided to do a ring ceremony so that other family members who weren't able to be apart of the temple ceremony could be involved in our special day. Our Bishop from the Bloomington 7th ward did the ceremony and said some very thoughtful things to me and Cameron. We exchanged rings at the ceremony, and Cameron couldn't get mine over my fat knuckles, so I ended up putting it on myself. I'm really glad we did that, and that Dad was able to be apart of my wedding day by walking me down the isle for the ring ceremony.

Dad walking me into the ring ceremony
When our reception started at 6- the sun was out again and it was perfect lighting! We held our reception just at the stake center across the street from the temple (where our current ward is now) because it was cheap and easy to find. We had so many family and friends come to support us, I was amazed. And I felt so loved. The reception decorations turned out great for what little amount of money we spent on our wedding. Cameron and I paid for almost everything except for the dinner, so we kept it as simple and elegant as possible. Ashlee and Tairah made my wedding cake, and I loved it! The top part that we cut into was fun-fetti cake. Absolutely delish! The night was spent dancing in my big, long dress and spending time with everyone who came to celebrate. We did a money dance, and were given quite a bit of cash to go towards our honeymoon fund. Such a fun tradition! Mom made this delicious strawberry shortcake desert, and we had this random mexican guy cater the dinner, and it turned out really good. (I don't mean that to sound racist, he really was just some random guy that Cameron's co-worker at the time knew, and he was from Mexico.) Cameron's friend Dallin was our DJ and played some great tunes! And, he did it for free, so that was awesome. We did all the normal things like the garter toss, cutting the cake, ya know- all the wedding shenanigans. When it was time to go, we walked through a line of silly string that was all over our hair and clothes and car, and really just everywhere. We left close to 9 so we could drive to Vegas to begin our week long honeymoon in Cancun.



Before we left for Vegas, we came home to our apartment to grab our suitcases, and I remember feeling so incredibly peaceful. I knew what I had just done that day was right, and the Lord was letting me know in a strong way. I remember we knelt down that night and had our first family prayer, and as I prayed, I thanked Heavenly Father for such a perfect day and just started sobbing. I had so much gratitude and love in my heart for Cameron, for the temple, my family, and the Gospel in general. It was a wonderful feeling, and a great start to our honeymoon. As we drove to Vegas we talked about how awesome the day was, and how kind everyone had been to do all that they had done for us. Sweet Cinda Edwards had packed a little goodie bag for us to munch on while we drove down. When we arrived in Vegas it was so busy because it was a Friday night- we struggled to find parking but finally found a place. Amber got us a nice suite at Caesar's Palace where she works. It was like a home away from home. There was a huge bathroom, with a nice jacuzzi tub, and the bedroom was awesome! I wish I would've thought to take pictures because it was beautiful.

The next morning, Amber's friend picked us up from the hotel and took us to the airport to fly to Cancun, Mexico- the best honeymooning place ever! That will have to be my next post because there is just too much to say about that place. Now, I have a little better history of our wedding day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment