Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mack Cameron Sevier


I have finally found the time to write about this sweet boy's birthday!

After a long and anxious pregnancy, I went into labor with Mack on Wednesday night at about 10:30. I started having mild-medium contractions that were about 8-10 minutes apart and so I thought, "Ya, know just in case this turns into something, I should probably shower and clean the house a little.." I was already exhausted from not getting any sleep the night before and working all that day and I probably should have slept but I'm glad I showered none the less. Haha. After I got out of the shower, my contractions became more and more painful and it was hard for me to finish, but I pushed through thinking that it was probably just false labor (because I had already gone to the hospital 2 weeks before with similar pains). Well by about 12:30 those contractions were coming hard- about every 2 minutes. So, I decided to call the hospital first to get their opinion on if I should come in or not.. she said she thought I should but couldn't guarantee if it was labor or not. Not much longer after that phone call, I didn't even care, my contractions were so strong and so painful I wanted to swear like a sailor. Instead, I just kept snapping my fingers to distract me from the pain. Finally, around 1 I told Cameron to load up the car and get me the heck to the hospital- this baby was coming!

When we arrived to the hospital, the dang doors were locked! They have a phone system that you pick up and someone will open the door, but no one was answering the phone and I was contracting real bad. Just inside the door, in the waiting room, was some guy walking up to the door and I motioned for him to open it for us asap! He probably thought I was a crazy lady because I was acting like one. He kindly opened the door, and then we had to go through another set of locked doors, waiting for someone to answer the phone and open it for us. They took forever I swear. Haha when they unlocked it, I swung that door so hard it hit the wall. Cameron reminded me to be pilot, and I should have been, but I was a little distracted. We walked down the hall and a nurse was right there and got us into an observatory room. I could barely change my clothes through the contractions. When I finished, I painfully stepped into bed, trying not to puke, and they checked me- I was already to a 4. She said they had to monitor me for an hour before they'd admit me, and I didn't know how I was going to wait that long! Well, she soon found out I was contracting every 2 minutes and had gone from a 4-6 within 15 minutes. Right there, she moved us to a labor and delivery room and told me that they'd bring the anesthesiologist in for an epidural.

Just waiting to deliver the little guy
After waiting for a bit, the nurse came back in and said, "oh sorry, he's actually stepping into a c-section right now and won't be able to give you an epidural for an hour..." I honestly was like, please no! I don't want to wait (ha, and here I was thinking I could do this natural- props to you natural moms)... Well, by some grand miracle the lady who was set for a c-section was waiting for her mom to show up before they started and told the anesthesiologist to come give me my epidural first. I thanked that woman over and over in my head and told the nurses to please go thank her for me. Seriously, how sweet of her! So, they gave me the lovely epidural and finally I could rest a little. It definitely slowed up my labor though. I was a 7 when they gave it to me around 2, and labored all through the night until about 9:30 the next morning. I think they broke my water around 5 am so they didn't have to give me pitocin, and it helped. I ended up not needing it at all to keep my labor moving along.


At 9:30 the nurse came in and checked me, I was a 10 and fully effaced, and she said, "Ok, it's time to start pushing.." I started to feel a little anxiety and thought, "Wait, seriously? You mean I am going to have a baby in my arms in just a moment, after all this time? This is too soon.." Haha. Well, push I did, for about 30 minutes, and then Dr. Chalmers came in to get the party started. I only had to push about 3 times with the Dr. and before I knew it- WAM! That precious baby boy was here in my arms, covered in that cottage cheese looking stuff and screaming like...well... a newborn baby!

(I'm being brave and posting completely unedited pics...yikes! Don't worry, you'll only see Mack nudity)

Sorry for the graphic-ness but I think these shots are so cool!













Everyone in the hospital kept asking what his name was and we hadn't officially decided on Mack yet (more so the middle name) and so we just kept saying we weren't sure, but really we (or I should say I) have wanted to name him that pretty much the whole pregnancy. And to my surprise, when I saw him, he totally looked like a Mack to me. I wish I would've just said Mack so they could've written it on the board and his little nursery crib, but it's all good. He looks so much like Cameron but he totally has my lips and my nostrils haha, and my long fingers and toes.

Here's a cute little video Cam took after they took the baby to take all of his measurements.. It just melts my heart!



About an hour after I delivered and they cleaned me and the baby up, they took us up to our room- 465- and got us all settled in as new parents. I love that they keep the baby with you so you can bond and nurse and just have time together. It was such a sweet and overwhelming feeling to look over and see that innocent baby boy next to my bed. The first day seemed like forever because everyone was so excited to come see him, we didn't get much rest- but regardless, I was happy everyone got to meet him the day he was born. His first night he woke up about every 2 hours, but he kept spitting up amniotic fluid and would choke on it. One time he did it I about jumped out of bed- forgetting how sore I was- to grab him. It scared me so bad I had the nurses take him for 2 hours so I could sleep without feeling anxious and so someone could watch him to make sure everything was ok. When she brought him back to eat, she said everything looked good- so that was a relief.

His hat was made by sweet old ladies who make knitted hats for all thew new borns at the hospital
My boy- So in love
Grandma Tami holding Mackey boy






Daddy and his boy
The next day, they told us we could go home after he got his hearing, PKU, and jaundice tests completed, and after he was circumcised. (I'm really glad that we chose to get it done while we were in the hospital so he was screaming there and not at the drs office, and so they could keep an eye on him). We lucked out and got an awesome pediatrician who never has room for new patients, but we managed to get him somehow- Dr. Kaddu. He was so helpful answering our questions and said little Mack gave him a nice present and peed on him after the circumcision.. I guess Mack was just showing him how he felt about that one. Haha. Thankfully he passed all his tests with flying colors- even the jaundice test- he marked really low and so we didn't have to bring him back to put him under the lights. One perk of being overdue I suppose :) Around 2pm, we got dressed, got little Mack ready to go, and loaded him up in the car seat. It was such a surreal feeling- knowing that he was ours and we were taking him home.


Can you tell we're new parents? So tired...

When we got home from the hospital, Grandpa Rudy was there to greet us, and Kay (Rudy's business partner) had bought us all of this food. It was so thoughtful of him! We couldn't believe it. All of Cam's siblings had gotten us this beautiful bouquet of flowers and everything was clean. It was such a nice thing to come home to.

After I took him out of his car seat 
Grandpa Rudy holding Mack
Words cannot even describe how in love I am with my baby boy and how grateful I am that we get to be his parents forever. I hope and pray I can become the mother he needs me to be, and am so excited to raise him with Cameron and to teach him the ways he should go in this life. I couldn't ask for a better teammate by my side to help raise this little guy either. Cameron has been nothing but helpful and supportive the minute he was born. I don't know where I'd be without him. I feel so beyond blessed in every way. Mom and Daddy love you Mackey Boy.


4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so crying right now, this is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kept looking for the "like" button after EVERY pic and video! you and Cameron will be amazing parents! God had blessed you both in many ways...and from what i've seen in your family the past couple years...God has given you such a fantastic support system too! ;)
    i pray we will have the opportunity to meet your little blessing, Mack, but until then i will enjoy seeing your pics and blogs!
    Congrats to you both! and ♡blessings from the Boyer family!♡
    ~Anna~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh well ain't that just precious!! ��

    ReplyDelete