Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Pregnancy Timeline...ish

After finding out I was pregnant, I went on Pinterest and saw all these cute ideas of how I could record the growth of my belly or what kind of maternity pictures I could take, etc, etc. Well, let's just say none of what I wanted to do really happened. I think that's how life goes. Maybe it's just because I'm a perfectionist and didn't have the "perfect" outfit, or camera, or place to take pictures at and so I just said- "ahh to heck with it." I figured as long as I got something of my belly while I've been pregnant with this little guy, it's good. I mean, really, the biggest reason why I wanted to do this is so I could show him when he's older how I looked while I was pregnant with him. I remember as a little girl always wanting to see pics of my mom when she was expecting me and I don't think she had a one. But then again, he's a he, and we all know most guys in general aren't the sentimental type. Look at me, I'm already stereotyping my first born. At any point, if he doesn't totally appreciate it, I know I will.

So, alas, here is my lame, and somewhat lazy attempt at tracking my belly growth. Don't mind the lousy picture quality and the fact that I'm mostly sitting down at work when I took these-

1st & 2nd Trimester

3rd Trimester
My 40 week shot kind of got cut-off but hey, I'll probably have a 41 week shot at the rate I'm going. I know most first time moms go past their due date, but man it's disappointing. You get so anxious to deliver this baby on or close to the due date, only to be sorely saddened that he's not coming and you don't know if he ever will! It really is that feeling of opening your presents on Christmas day and then someone telling you- oh Christmas was moved to TBA. And you're like, "TBA?!!! What does that even mean?" Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful that I have had such a smooth pregnancy, and that he's been able to cook the full amount, but shoot- I don't want him to get over-cooked.. does that mean he'll come out crispy ;)

I guess on the bright side, all this extra waiting time has really given me motivation to write and document more than I anticipated I would have time for.

Here's to hoping I don't have to lug this weight around in my belly for much longer!

2 comments: