Wednesday, November 12, 2014

More About Mack: 2 Months Old

You would not believe what I've been able to get done today!

Mack has been taking quite the nap (unfortunately because he's not feeling well) but I've been taking advantage of the free time. I washed the dishes, prepped for a yummy dinner, scrubbed the bath, and the floor, tidied up the living room, did 3 loads of laundry, took a shower, and got somewhat ready. I guess you could say it's been a pretty productive day. Mack doesn't usually sleep much during the day and he ALWAYS wants to be held. I've forgotten what it's like to have two free hands.

So, in addition to all this extra time, I thought I'd write a little post to highlight Mack's 2 month mark. Everyone always tells me my poor other kids won't get quite the treatment that Mack is getting, but oh well. At least I'll do it for one, right?

Mack is growing so dang fast! He has his 2 month drs appointment tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how much he weighs now and how tall he is. I'd bet he's at least 12 or 13lbs. This kid is getting heavy! He's starting to laugh so much and smile all the time it just melts me to the core. Last night he was actually screaming/crying and so while Cameron was talking to him I tried to get his attention and he actually started laughing/crying. It was hilarious, I wish I could've gotten it on video. He would somewhat smile while crying and then he'd get this big fat pouty lip. It was the cutest dang thing I'd ever seen. He's also become quite the hand sucker and it's so adorable to me. Mack also loves to be held outward, which is crazy to me! He's still so little that it's hard for me to hold him on my hip just yet, but he won't have it any other way. And he's so stinkin' strong! He keeps trying to do these little crunches when I lay him down, like he's mad that he's not sitting up and can't see. He's just all around strong. The kid has been from day one. Oh, and he also has been taking a binky other than the hospital one. It makes me so happy because now when he's crying for no reason I can usually comfort him with the binky. Things are looking up folks.

I think his acid reflux is improving with the medicine, he's definitely not so whiny, but he has his bad days. I actually think he is developing whats called Torticollis. It's where their head leans to one side, and eventually they can have a misshapen head. Yikes! I noticed it the other day that he'll only hold his head to the left. And when I put him on his tummy he'll only turn to one side. I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that he sleeps in a swing/carseat because that's the only way he won't be miserable with the acid reflux. So, I'm hoping that the dr will give us some stretches and things we can do to get this straightened out (no pun intended) before it's too late and he has to wear a helmet.

That's pretty much all that's been going on around here. I'm just learning how to cook, clean, and ever learning how to get a handle on this mom thing.

And now here's a cute pic I took this morning that wasn't posted on Insta or Facebook-


Love this juicy nubbin!

No comments:

Post a Comment