Monday, November 3, 2014

Mack's Blessing Day

I really don't think there is anything more special than your first child being blessed by his father. You know, I always wanted a girl first, but now that I have Mack, I can't imagine him not being my first. I know one day he will be a great example to his future siblings and be the best big brother. He reminds me a lot of Cameron- even though he's been fussy a lot, I can already tell that his little spirit is special. He has this patient temperament about him, like he seems so strong to me and deals with pain really well. I don't even think he cried when he was circumcised (TMI?)

Lately, he's been smiling a whole lot and it sure melts my heart. His crying is getting better and he seems like he's feeling somewhat better- which makes me very hopeful that things are looking up. I know my thoughts are kind of all over the place right now, but I am just so grateful to have this sweet baby boy in my life, despite the long hard nights, and I'm so grateful for my family and Cameron's family who came to support us on Mack's blessing day.

Cameron was so nervous about how he should hold him when he gave Mack his blessing, and how to open the prayer, but he did such a beautiful job, and Mack did so great! He fell right asleep just before Cameron got up there and was quiet during the entire blessing. Mack wore the cutest little white romper, courtesy of my dear mission companion Kenzie Ogletree. As I put it on him, I was terrified that he would have a nice little blowout- but he never did, thank goodness! I also couldn't help but think about the future white clothing Mack would wear one day- baptism, temple, wedding... I get emotional just thinking about him growing up. Although I can't wait for him to experience all of life's blessings, I can't help but feel selfish in wanting him to stay my sweet little newborn forever. Isn't it just so neat how Heavenly Father entrusts us with such a tiny human being? Sometimes I wonder if I'm capable, but as the Prophet Joseph Smith said, "God qualifies the weak.." or something to that extent, and boy is that true! I am just so thankful that Heavenly Father has entrusted me and Cameron to be his parents.

I was able to get some pictures of all the family who was able to come and to capture some cute pics of Mack. After the blessing, we headed to the temple for a quick picture moment, and then everyone headed over to Rudy's for tacos, and homemade brownies made by momma. It was really fun, and we all ended up talking for a good four hours in the living room. I just love family get togethers and that's why I'm really trying to be better about this documenting thing. I want my children to be able to look back on these photos and smile, and I hope that what I write will bring me back to all these memories we are making with our family.

And now, here are some pics for the liking-


My cute little baby boy in his blessing outfit
All the Sevier side Grandkids





4th Generation Photo- Grandpa Bechtold, Grandpa Rudy, Cameron, and Baby Mack
 Thanks family for coming out and supporting Mack on his special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment